14 people in 6 states ill with food poisoning after consuming clover sprouts

A total of 14 persons have been infected with the bacteria E.coli after consuming raw clover sprouts at Jimmy John's restaurants. Two persons are hospitalized. The cases ate the sprouts at 9 different locations of Jimmy John's restaurants in 4 states in the week before becoming ill.

Travellers who consumed raw clover sprouts at this restaurant chain and who become ill should seek medical care at once.

Visit our Health Library for more information on exposure to and the prevention of Food and Water Contamination.

Global Monitoring To Keep You Safe While You Travel

Sign up your trip to receive real-time, exclusive travel alerts to help you stay safe while away from home.