Consuming raw goat milk leads to food poisoning in 3 children in California, USA

One young child was hospitalized and 2 were ill with campylobacteriosis infection after consuming raw goat milk that was distributed by Claravale Farm of San Benito County, California.

Visit our Health Library for more information on exposure to and the prevention of Food and Water Contamination.

Advice For Travellers

There is always a risk of illness associated with consumption of raw, or unpasteurized, milk products. The risk of getting sick from drinking raw milk is greatest for infants and young children, the elderly, pregnant women, and people with weakened immune systems. Travellers should avoid consuming raw milk products.