Contaminated milk causes outbreak of food poisoning in Muradabad, Pakistan

At least 137 people became seriously ill after they consumed toxic milk from a shop in Muradabad. The free milk in soda bottles was part of a promotion for the opening of the new shop.

Visit our Health Library for more information on exposure to and the prevention of Food and Water Contamination and Traveller's Diarrhoea.

Advice For Travellers

Travellers are frequently exposed to contaminated beverages, and the risk is high in many countries. Travellers can reduce the risk of exposure to the many germs that cause intestinal illness (such as cholera, E.coli, salmonella, and many viruses) by avoiding consumption of contaminated food and water (especially when sold by street vendors) and by practising careful personal hygiene with frequent hand washing.

Global Monitoring To Keep You Safe While You Travel

Sign up your trip to receive real-time, exclusive travel alerts to help you stay safe while away from home.