Food borne intoxication (food poisoning) from raw beef in Wisconsin, USA

Three people were sickened by consuming raw meat contaminated with E.coli bacteria. The raw ground beef meat was purchased from Glenn’s Market and Catering in Watertown, Wisconsin. The meat product has since been recalled.

Travellers can reduce the risk of exposure to the many germs that cause intestinal illness (such as food poisoning, cholera, E.coli, salmonellosis, traveller's diarrhoae, and many others) by avoiding consumption of contaminated food (including raw beef products) and water and by practicing careful personal hygiene with frequent hand washing.

Visit our Health Library for more information on exposure to and the prevention of Food and Water Contamination.

Global Monitoring To Keep You Safe While You Travel

Sign up your trip to receive real-time, exclusive travel alerts to help you stay safe while away from home.