Food Borne Intoxication - restaurant patrons hit with gastroenteritis in Chosica, Peru

Health authorities have reported that 63 people who consumed mayonnaise at a grilled chicken restaurant located in Chosica became ill with gastroenteritis.

Travellers can reduce their risk of acquiring gastroenteritis symptoms by strict adherence to food and water precautions.

Visit our Health Library for more information on exposure to and the prevention of Food and Water Contamination and Traveller's Diarrhoea.

Global Monitoring To Keep You Safe While You Travel

Sign up your trip to receive real-time, exclusive travel alerts to help you stay safe while away from home.