Large number of people exposed to hantavirus in Yosemite National Park, USA (update)

Health authorities of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimate that as many as 10,000 people may have been exposed to hantavirus infection while staying in one of 91 “Signature” tent-style cabins in Yosemite's Curry Village camping area from the 10th of June to the 24th of August. So far, 2 men have died from hantavirus infection linked to the Yosemite site while 4 others became ill but survived. Travellers who visited and stayed at this camping site and who develop respiratory symptoms should seek medical care at once.

Visit our Health Library for more information on exposure to and the prevention of Hanta Virus.

Global Monitoring To Keep You Safe While You Travel

Sign up your trip to receive real-time, exclusive travel alerts to help you stay safe while away from home.