Major food borne intoxication with deaths in Kanasawa, Japan

Health authorities have reported an outbreak of food borne intoxication due to the consumption of a raw meat preparation called Yukhoe which was served at restaurants run by Foods Forus Company in Kanazawa. Two children died and 56 other people who ate the same meal served at several restaurants operated by this company became ill.

Travellers should be aware of the risk of exposure to food borne intoxication (food poisoning) when consuming raw or improperly prepared food.

Visit our Health Library for more information on exposure to and the prevention of Food and Water Contamination.