Multi-state outbreak of food poisoning in USA

A total of 18 persons in 5 states (Arizona, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin) were infected with a bacteria called Salmonella typhimurium after consuming raw ground beef served by a restaurant that obtained the product from Jouni Meats, Inc. and Gab Halal Foods. At least half the cases had to be hospitalised for treatment. Travellers are cautioned to avoid consuming raw ground beef due to possible contamination with various types of bacteria.

Visit our Health Library for more information on exposure to and the prevention of Food and Water Contamination and Salmonellosis.

Global Monitoring To Keep You Safe While You Travel

Sign up your trip to receive real-time, exclusive travel alerts to help you stay safe while away from home.