Outbreak of gastroenteritis from bottled water in Spain

Over 3,000 people have become ill with acute gastroenteritis after consuming contaminated commercial bottled water distributed by Eden Springs Spain in Barcelona and Tarragona. The product has been withdrawn from the market while an investigation into how the water became contaminated is carried out.

Visit our Health Library for more information on exposure to and the prevention of Food and Water Contamination.

Advice For Travellers

Travellers should avoid consuming this product and discard any that might have been purchased.

Global Monitoring To Keep You Safe While You Travel

Sign up your trip to receive real-time, exclusive travel alerts to help you stay safe while away from home.