Outbreak of salmonellosis traced to raw beef consumption in Michigan

Seven people in Michigan and Arizona were infected with salmonella bacteria after consuming raw beef kibbeh at a Macomb County restaurant. The meat product was sold directly to the restaurant and has since been recalled by Jouni Meats Inc., Sterling Heights, Michigan. Travellers should exercise caution and avoid consuming raw beef products since they may be contaminated with a variety of bacteria that can cause serious illness.

Visit our Health Library for more information on exposure to and the prevention of Salmonellosis.

Global Monitoring To Keep You Safe While You Travel

Sign up your trip to receive real-time, exclusive travel alerts to help you stay safe while away from home.