Salmonella outbreak linked to consumption of laverbread in Wales, UK

Consumption of laverbread (a traditional Welsh breakfast food prepared from seaweed) is suspected to be the cause of 12 cases of salmonella infections in adults in Swansea, Neath Port Talbot and Carmarthenshire areas. Public Health Wales has advised against consuming any laverbread prepared by a local firm called Penclawdd Shellfish Processing Ltd.

Visit our Health Library for more information on exposure to and the prevention of Salmonellosis.

Global Monitoring To Keep You Safe While You Travel

Sign up your trip to receive real-time, exclusive travel alerts to help you stay safe while away from home.