Norovirus - restaurant patrons in Thunder Bay, Canada, stricken with intestinal illness

Health officials have identified norovirus infection as the cause of intestinal illness (food poisoning) in 126 people who ate at The Old Barn restaurant in Thunder Bay between May 11 and 13.

Travellers who patronized this restaurant during this time period and who develop intestinal illness should consult their private health care provider.

Visit our Health Library for more information on exposure to and the prevention of Food and Water Contamination, Norovirus, and Traveller's Diarrhoea.